For making sure that the foundation is sturdy, Pile foundations are known as the best method. Above all, the guarantee of the best pile foundation for the sturdy base is only possible with the right piling contractors in Uxbridge. Pile foundation methods are most suitable and reliable if the soil of your construction site or the structure you are making is unstable. This can be because of moisture in the soil or the existence of water near the area directly linked to the structure. There are numerous ways that exist for this one Piling Uxbridge, foundational method. All of the ways work according to the condition of your structure are the type of support you need for it. We at SF Piling provides top-notch Piling Uxbridge services including, work for both residential and commercial extensions. Our professionals, first check the conditions and do the soil test to give you the right advice regarding your needs. This will help to make the suitable choice about the method, you want to apply for your construction site. Above all we are the known contractors for piling in Uxbridge, you can always trust us as sustainability experts at reasonable, transparent cost and pricing. Contact us! If you want the right option for yourself.
Here are some details discussed about the classification of Piles Based on the Material and Construction method which can help you to understand further the types, ways, and methods of piling for construction.
GET FREE QUOTE
Classification of Piles Based on the Material and Piling Construction Method
There are two further classifications for primary piles; Displacement Piles and Non-displacement or Replacement piles. Piles that are driven to the ground and vertically or radially displace the soil are known as Displacement Piles. On the other hand, For Replacement Piles, the boring of the ground takes place, after which the soil is removed and the whole caused using the bore are filled with concrete to create a strong reliable base. A pre-cast concrete pile is also used in this method instead of filling it with concrete. When we talk about the material for piling construction, and then the installation process can be further classified as;
- Timber Piles
- Treated with Preservative
- Concrete Piles
- Pre-cast Piles
- Cast-in-place piles
- Steel Piles
- I-Section Piles
- Hollow Piles
- Composite Piles
Timber piles placement take place under the water level. The duration of their life span is almost 30 years. These piles are available in two types of shape; rectangular and circular in 12 to 16 inch size or diameter. As compared to the top width the Timber piles’ length is 20 times larger.15 to 20 tons is the weight that usually these piles can bear easily, additional strength provision is also possible with the help of fish plates. This is possible by bolting fish plates at the sides of the Piles.
Advantages of Timber Piles
- You can easily find regular size timber pile
- These piles are more economical and affordable along with easy installation
- The possibility of damage in these piles is low
- Cutting of Timber Piles is possible and can be converted into any length to get a perfect fit after the installation, and are also easy to pull out, in case of such need
Disadvantages of Timber Piles
- It is hard to find the piles of longer length all the time
- If you are looking for short length, straight piles are difficult to obtain
- If the soil strata are not favourable or very bad it can become hard to drive the pile
- When it’s about the splicing of timber pile, it is not easy
- As end-bearing piles, timber and wooden piles are not favourable and suitable for use
When it comes to the durability of the timber piles, some measures are essential like the use of preservatives to treat the wooden piles.
Concrete piles can be further classified into two Pre-cast piles and Cast-in-place piles
Pre-cast Concrete Pile
If these piles are rectangular, they are cast in horizontal shape in pile bed, and used in vertical shape and the circular piles are cast. To prevent breakage during mobilization these piles are reinforced with steel, from the casting bed to the foundational location. The process of curing is necessarily performed after casting, generally, the curing period for Pre-cast concrete piles is 21-28 days.
The process of boring is used to cast these piles, to the desired depth. Then these are filled or deposited with the concrete and then the process of curing takes place. The construction of these piles takes place by driving a metallic shelf. This shelf which is filled with the concrete is either left with the concrete or while concrete is poured the shell is pulled out.
Both of these concrete pile classifications have some advantages and disadvantages, but all depends upon your use of them.
I-section and Hollow Pipe, both are related to the steel piles. These piles are also filled with concrete, and vary from 10 inches to 24 inches in diameter and when it’s about the thickness they can be ¾ inches in size. It is very easy to drive such piles because of their small sectional area. The most common purpose they perform is that they are used as end-bearing piles.
Advantages of Steel Piles
- The installation process of these piles are easier as compared to others
- It is possible with these piles to reach greater depth
- For these piles the penetration through the hard layer is easy, and it is possible because of the less cross-sectional area.
- Splicing steel pipe is easy
- These Piles can easily carry heavy loads.
Disadvantages of steel Piles
- Corrosion is one major issue in these piles
- Possibility of deviation exist while driving these piles
- These Piles are also expensive as compared to others.
The right Piling Contractors Uxbridge can help you a lot in understanding the best choice for you and your construction site if you want the professional skilled team for Piling Uxbridge.